Content

Chicagonauts

Things have been super busy on my idiodessey as of late.  Out of town trips to both coast and way more work than I want, but will happily take it.  I came home with a ream of paper from Chicago.  I did some drawings while there, but more than a couple handfuls.  So I decided that I needed to draw on the rest of the ream.  I've been working, not as often as I should, but they are now complete.  225 drawings done on 11" x 8.5" 110 lbs. cover stock.  Cheap, but package says acid free.  I start with a light sketch, then two layers of acrylic ink wash to lay in the body color.  Colored pencil to darken the shadows followed by a good heavy No. 2 pencil.  It makes them POP.  Here's a quick, by that I mean 53 seconds, look at all 225 "Chicagonauts."




0 comments:

Post a Comment

BIO

Scott Krichau resides atYucca Flats, NM with fellow artist, Carolyn Curtis and their 3 legged dog named Pabst. Using steel and paper to create "lil' guys." Documenting their continual evolution and trying to understand the idiodyssey they are on. Shop online for our artwork.

Blog Archive